(A)LENGTH: 15.62 ”
(B)WIDTH: 3.86 ”
(C)THICKNESS: 0.82 ”
(D)WIDTH AT EARS: 6.66 ”
WEIGHT: 77.20 lbs
• S – Standard point, general purpose shape for use on both excavators and wheel loaders. Designed to wear sharp to maintain penetration, and features a center rib for greater strength. An excellent choice for general purpose applications.
• C – Chisel point, primarily for use on excavators. The design provides good penetration and extra wear metal in tough applications. The heavy-duty rib and unique tear-drop relief in the bottom keep the point sharp throughout its wear life.
• H – Heavy point, for extremely abrasive applications and is primarily designed excavators. Additional wear metal provides for long point life. The heavy-duty rib and unique tear-drop relief in the bottom help to maintain sharpness as the point wears.
• P – Pick point, is for extremely hard to penetrate materials, and is primarily designed for excavators but can be used on wheel loaders when conditions warrant it. Ribs on both the top and bottom provide strength and allow the point to stay sharp throughout its wear life.
• T – Twin pick point, is for maximum performance in hard to penetrate materials. The unique configuration minimizes the chance of rocks becoming wedged between the tines. The twin pick shape is designed to be used in corner positions in conjunction with the P style point to cut clearance for the buckets’ sides. Each corner can be switched with the opposite corner to maximize wear life.
• F – Flared point, is for general pupose digging, clean-up and applications where a continuous edge may be used. The wide blade maximizes bucket capacity and is an excellent choice for trench bottoms and foundations excavations.
• AP – Abrasion-Penetration point, is a heavy-duty penetration point for wheel loaders with added wear metal for highly abrasive applications. The beveled tip design ensures sharpness, and the top center rib helps maintain the sharpness as the point wears. A wear shoe is integrated into the bottom to provide long life.
• A – Heavy-Abrasion point, is design for optimum wear on wheel loaders working in extreme abrasion applications. The point tip is beveled and the top contoured panel ensures excellent material flow into the bucket. A bottom wear shoe runs the whole length of the point for maximum wear life and ensures a smooth floor to minimize the chance of tire damage.
•When selecting a tooth shape there are several key areas to look at. Also, what tooth style was previously used and did it perform satisfactorily. Even if it was not an ESCO design, it can give an indication of a style to match or a style to avoid.
•Consider the loading, penetration, abrasion, and impact needs. These can be based on application, machine make and model, and the material to be handled. Then go to the page listing the size of points to match the nose size selected.
•The Ultralok® locking device is an integral part of each Ultralok point. Each point has a description of its performance characteristics (penetration, abrasion, rock, chisel, etc.). Following is a functional description of the Ultralok point shapes.